Tuesday, January 02, 2007

God gives peace

December 24, 06 Sunday

Today is Pastor Li’s spiritual birthday. Thirty some years ago, on a Christmas eve, a young man was alone in the corner of an outdoor court. The streets were silent. Under the dim street lights, he saw the shadow of a cross. The Holy Spirit allowed him to see his heart. He kneeled down in the shadow of the cross, confessed and repented of his sins and determined to follow Jesus. Suddenly, he felt a release of his sins and was filled with joy. He started circling the shadow of the cross, singing and dancing.…..

Below is an excerpt of Pastor Li’s writings last Sunday:
‘This is what the LORD says: “When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my gracious promise to bring you back to this place. For I know the plans I have for you, “ declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the LORD.’ (Jer 29:10-14)

Prophets prophesized that Israel will be exiled from Jerusalem to Babylon for seventy years. But God promised when seventy years were up, God would come to them again and fulfilled His gracious promised. This opened up a fresh revelation to me:

1.) There’s an end to pain, dawn will rise again.
Try to imagine being captives for 70 years. A life without freedom is very painful. And our society also have lots of people losing their freedom everyday. They are pained by the chains of sex, gambling, drugs, even in addition to computer games. They are in need of Jesus to come and save them, release them from their sins and let light shine in their lives again.

2. ) God gives peace in our hearts.
‘ “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” ‘ (John 16:33) I believe the greatest need of people in suffering, is a heart of peace. During my sickness, I felt this intense peace in my heart. Not only this, but God promised his people, “you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.” God’s word never fails. From old testiment, new testiment, to the present day, I’ll continue to pray and wait. I’ll walk towards where hope is, and will soon see the light of day again.
The day that Jesus was borned, the angels said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people… Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests.” Amen.
Pastor Li

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home